Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soil, ecosystem, and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and biological cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of synthetic inputs with adverse effects. Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation, and science to benefit the environment and promote fair relationships and good quality life for all involved.
All over the world, standards are developed by different countries for organic production to monitor and control organic trade. The choice of the most appropriate organic certification standard depends mainly on the final market of the organic product. The products must be certified based on those standards required by the importing countries in order to market them as 'USDA organic'. TNV Certification Pvt. Ltd., Nepal has been associated with Biocert International (India) to handle the USDA organic certification in Nepal. TNV will provide a reliable and cost-effective certification to facilitate the strategic positioning of your organic products to meet out the standards of the global organic markets.
Wild collection certification is required whenever wild products are to be marketed as organic. Wild products are derived from a self-sustainable growing environment.
Basic principles of wild collection
- Only naturally grown plants (without any agricultural interventions)
- The clearly defined collection area
- The collection area must not have been treated with any known allowed inputs
- A good map is needed, it should contain the outer boarders of the collecting area
- Sustainable Collection: Collection does not endanger the ecosystem and that the stability of the plant population or the ecosystem is not threatened
- A systematic record of all activities from the collection area to the marketing of the product should be kept for the full traceability.
TNV Certification Pvt. Ltd., Nepal in association with Biocert International, India provides organic crop and wild production certification as per the following standards:
(i) National standards for organic production (NPOP), Govt. of India
(ii) European Union regulations for organic production rules equivalent to EC.No.834/2007
(iii) United States organic standards USDA NOP (National Organic Program).
CONTACT FOR MORE DETAILS